Spotlight: Phabienne Anderson
1. Tell us a little bit about who you are (where are you from, family, work, etc)
I am from St. Louis, Mo, but am and East coast girl at heart. I was born in Philly and graduated from UNC- Chapel Hill. While in college I desired to live in North Carolina with a family, and I'm just grateful the Lord blessed me with the opportunity to do so! My husband, Aaron, and I moved to North Carolina with 2 kids in 2013, and now we have 4!
2. If you had a free day and unlimited money, what would you spend your day doing?
I'm amazed at God's handiwork in creation and I've always wanted to see as much of it as I can. So, I would gather all my friends from around the country and travel to all the "natural wonders" of the world so God could take my breath away over and over and over again!
3. Who is the most influential person in your life?
Since I was 10 it has been my summer track coach, Nino Fennoy. He was a father figure to me and laid a foundation of discipline, hard work and commitment that has stayed with me to this day.
4. What is one book that you think everyone should have on their bookshelf?
Theology: Mere Christianity C.S. Lewis. History: The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson. Fiction: Circle Series by Ted Dekker. I can't pick one, and I'm all about balance!
5. What is a verse that you would consider your “life verse”?
My favorite Psalm is Psalm 27 because I desire to dwell in the house of the Lord, gaze upon His beauty and seek his face with my whole heart. I also have "season" verses for where I am in life. My current "season" verse is Luke 5:5, "But at your Word I will let down the nets" as reminder to be obedient to the Word of the Lord and faithful to do what he has called me to do.
6. What are three words that people would use to describe you?
Loyal, truthful, kind.